While the Vikings undefeated season came to an end against the Steelers, the Saints came from 3 touchdowns behind to win going away and avoid their first loss. The Colts are continuing to make it look easy against the "have nots" with a 42-6 blowout. After a bye week, the Broncos return to action and will be tested by a rested Ravens team that needs a win. In a week of lopsided scores, the Bengals, Patriots and Jets all won by large margins.
The Cowboys and Eagles both took advantage of the Giants second straight loss, moving within 1/2 game of first place in the NFC East. With their win in New York, the Cards are looking more like last year's playoff team, especially now that Beanie Wells is getting untracked. The Falcons defense let down in Dallas, and now the team has to face the powerhouse Saints in New Orleans.
Look for the top 2 ranked teams to remain undefeated, but the next 2 teams to fall. The Saints and Colts are the clear best teams in their respective conferences at this point, Their top challengers over the balance of the season will be the Vikings and Eagles in the NFC, and the Broncos and Patriots in the AFC.
- Saints (6-0)-Huge comeback in Miami has team thinking big
- Colts (6-0)-42-6 win in St. Louis looks routine
- Broncos (6-0)- Ravens on the road will be next test
- Vikings (6-1)-Steelers bring Vikes back to earth
- Patriots (5-2)-Squeak by Bucs by 28 points
- Bengals (5-2)- Crushing win against Bears has them talking playoffs
- Steelers (5-2)-Starting to look more like last year's team
- Giants (5-2)-Have yet to prove themselves against good teams
- Eagles (4-2)-Offensive personality transformed into home run threat
- Cowboys(4-2)-Erasing doubts, feeling better after convincing win
- Falcons (4-2)- Young team still learning against tougher foes
- Cardinals (4-2)-Improved rushing attack with Wells, D looking good
- Packers (4-2)-Take care of business vs Browns with Favre ahead
- Ravens (3-3)-Licked wounds, rested for 6-0 Broncos
- Jets (4-3)- Back on track with blow out win in Oakland